Thursday, October 27, 2011

30 Day Sugar Fast



That's right. NO Sugar. For 30 days! 


Anyone that knows me, knows that this is a HUGE challenge for me. I love sweets! Cookies, brownies, cupcakes, candy, ice cream, pie you name it!! On top of that, it is even MORE challenging because I am doing this right in the middle of the Holidays. But Honestly, I couldn't have picked a better time. No sense putting on the pounds during the Holidays and feeling so guilty in January. Besides, I would then come up with a resolution to loose weight that would turn into a resolution to fail at healthy lifestyle.


So, on top of not eating sugar I am changing EVERYTHING. Here is a list of what I am doing...


  1. Counting calories. Never in my life have I done this, mostly because its tedious. My daily intake is around 1500.
  2. Working out everyday except Sunday. I go to the gym, run my heart out (not literally) for 35-40 min and do some ab workouts.
  3. I'm getting 8 hours of sleep.
  4. I'm packing my lunches.
  5. I planned my meals for the whole week so I KNOW what I am going to eat. This is excellent because instead of pacing back and forth in the kitchen and finally settling for something incredibly bad for me, I have a plan. So I know when I go the kitchen I have to make THAT meal. Plus it has me cooking again, and I have been bad at cooking for the last year.
  6. I am also going back (yes, I used to be really good at this) to little to no processed food, and mostly locally grown organic food.
At the end of 30 days I am not let off the hook. My reward is a small......... slice of ONE pie at Thanksgiving (yeah, I planned it right end of day 30 is Thanksgiving day). My calorie intake will stay at 1500 until at least March 22, 2012 (My Birthday!).


Goal #1: Loose the 40 lbs that I started gaining May 18 2007 (yes, my wedding day).
Goal #2: Be healthy enough to have a baby
Goal #3: Be happy and do the things I have ALWAYS wanted to do but couldn't because of my insecurities with my body image.
Goal #4: Lower my risk of heart disease, Diabetes and stroke. Its in the family.


There is only one thing I ask of all of you to help me through this... hold me accountable, that is all.



1 comment:

  1. Lisa!
    Hi..I'm commenting again;)
    I admire you for quitting sugar! Really I do! It's something the world could do without for a while! LI-SA! LI-SA! LI-SA! LI-SA! (that's me chanting your name cheering for you all the way!)
    I've also been trying to get back into working out and finally discovered that the elliptical combined with upbeat music is my key! AND weights! Dumbbells are the best! I just have 8lbs and 10lbs. Lifting weights + cardio burns fat SO much faster than aerobics alone:)
    Keep posting! I love your blog;)
    Love you!
    love, me

    ReplyDelete