Friday, October 14, 2011

4 Amazing Years!



Some people think I am absolutely crazy, but this weekend marks my 4 year anniversary with Target! I can't believe I have worked their that long! Target has become a way of life for me. The people I work with have become my family. I have gone through many bosses, some have inspired me to succeed in ways I never thought possible, some have frustrated me beyond belief with their ignorance, but with all I have learned so much.


I started out as a seasonal cashier for Holidays (it was supposed to be my "in between" job). When I first started working their I immediately adapted to the energy (The Holidays are a great time to start working there). Just standing and cashiering was not enough for me. My goal was to be the best at everything I did there. Yes, you could probably call me an over achiever, but I soon realized that this retailers business ethics and energy fit my personality and I saw myself as a leader there. So, that was my goal! I was a cashier for 3 months and then I became a "GSA" (aka Guest Service Attendant), this position was an assistant to the Team Leader (Supervisor) of the Front Lanes. Essentially, you did everything they did with the exception of conducting interviews for jobs, talent management, scheduling, couching's/correction actions, writing reviews.... that sort of thing. About a year after that I was promoted to GS-TL (Guest Service Team Leader). The front lanes at that time became everything to me. I am very passionate about what I do. I wanted to be the most successful, and successful I became. We had the highest service scores in the district, the highest conversion scores, a really awesome moral within the team, and quite a bit more. But, with all those wins, my biggest priority was the overall well being of the Team members I oversaw. I was in charge of about 50 team members. Their lives were important to me, and learning how to work with each different personality to generate success was so much fun! I was a GSTL for the front lanes for 2 1/2 years!! Then, I felt the need for change, I was itching for change!


I was offered the position of C-TL, aka Consumables Team Leader.  In English, it means Grocery Supervisor. Yes, I went from a LARGE team (50+/-) and Service focused work center to a small team (6-7 team members) to a large BUSINESS work center. I consider my department like my own little business. Every day my focus is how to drive profitable sales. Its very different for me but I am adjusting. I really like it, I love my team, and I really enjoy working with all the other leaders in the store.


So, my plans next???? Keep doing what I do best, and that is work my heart out and shoot for the next best thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment